Monday, April 6, 2009

Great Friend


Another card using one of the new stamp sets from the Mini Occasions catalog. The background is made by "stamping off" the butterfly first on scrap paper and then on the card. I used the same technique with the leaves on the main image, before sponging the edges of the paper.
  • Stamps: Great Friend
  • Paper: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel card stock
  • Ink: Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' pads
  • Accessories: 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' sponges

13 comments:

  1. Pretty card! I like the color scheme and the stamping off technique you used. It looks great here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the use of the Occasions mini stamp set. Can't wait to play when mine arrives. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful color scheme. The butterfly just pops off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I really like how the sponging softens the look of the entire card. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sponged edges on your main block and the subtle stamped off images - great color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card! Really pretty colors! Thanks for sharing!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card. I like the stamping off and the sponging. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh . . . I love this simple card! I need a quick card to get in the mail today and I'm gonna CASE this one!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors on this card are fab!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dimension on this card is great and so simple to just stamp off the leaves. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card, it is simple but yet lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card with a great color combo. I like how it would simple to reproduce.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Your comments are much appreciated!

Visit my Stampin' Up! website at www.lisakmiec.stampinup.net

Featured Post

Clean & Simple Painted Harvest