Sunday, September 6, 2009

Winter Post

To stamp the reindeer on this card, I first inked the stamp with Ruby Red classic ink and then, using a sponge dauber, I sponged Champagne Mist shimmer paint on the stamp and then stamped. I love the shimmery effect if leaves! I also sponged some of the shimmer paint on my Kraft Taffeta Ribbon. When using the paint on fabric, the manufacturer recommends heat setting it. I used my heat gun. Just be careful not to burn the taffeta. The layout for this card is from Stampers 411.

  • Stamps: Winter Post, Four the Holidays
  • Paper: Holiday Lounge designer series paper and Taken with Teal, Ruby Red and Sahara Sand cardstock
  • Ink: Ruby Red Classic and VersaMark ink pads
  • Accessories: Champagne Shimmer Paint, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon and Silver Emboss powder
Happy Stampin',
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and a great idea for using the shimmer paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this. The shimmer paint adds just the right touch! Thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card and GREAT job with the Shimmer Paint! Isn't it fun?
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh...wow...love this card! Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice job on the details! great job on this card. Thanks for playing along with the 411 Sketch Challenge! Blessings, Gretchen -- www.gretchenbarron.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Your comments are much appreciated!