Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Two Cards and a Color Challenge


Have you ever had one of those days that you just couldn't decide how you wanted to make your card?  That was me!  I knew I wanted to use the color challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  I also wanted to use this week's sketch challenge from Clean and Simple Stamping.  However, when I completed the card, I just wasn't sure about it.   The card sat on my desk until I decided to redo it and change things up a bit.  By the time I got done, the card no longer followed the sketch!  Here is the first version:



Supplies:
  • Stamps: With All My Heart
  • Paper: Regal Rose, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand and Whisper White card stock
  • Ink: Regal Rose, Marine Mist and Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' pads
  • Accessories: Bright glimmer brad (version #1), 5/16" Neutrals brad (version #2)
  • Tools: Fancy Flower punch, Square Lattice embossing folder with Big Shot (version #2)

Happy Stampin',
  

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love them both! Love the inlaid embossing on the first one as well as all the white space on the second. Both are fabulous uses of the colors! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first version! ...and your second!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both gorgeous Lisa but I like a bit of white space so I prefer your first version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are great! They are very fresh, clean and simple. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of your cards Lisa but for some reason and really drawn to the second one...probably because I like alot of white space! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both versions! Great job combining the sketch and color challenge! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are wonderful. I'm a big fan of the CAS. I have days just like you did all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are very nice! I love the added texture of the first but the second is also very beautiful, too! Great job with the sketch challenge! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, nice and clean looking. I think they're both great but my favourite is the second one. Glad you got the link working to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think both of these cards are beautiful. I like the clean and simple layouts of both. I'm following you now as well. Thanks for visiting.
    www.carriesscrapyard.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Your comments are much appreciated!