Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gently Falling Mother of Pearl



This is a card that I demonstrated at a recent workshop.  The main image uses the Faux Mother of Pearl technique.   I love the shimmer this technique adds to a card!
To do this technique, I first dabbed Frost White Shimmer Paint onto my Whisper White card stock using a bunched up cellophane bag.  After the shimmer paint dried, I then sponged Sahara Sand ink with a Stampin' Sponge.  The shimmer paint 'resists' the ink, letting the shimmer shine through!  I then used a solid leaf image from Gently Falling and stamped all over.  To finish it off, I used Jet Black StazOn ink to stamp the leaf outlines.  StazOn ink is great for stamping on surfaces that would normally resist the die ink.

Stampin' Up! supplies:

  • Stamps: Gently Falling
  • Paper: Neutral DSP stack (Basic Black); Basic Black, Pool Party and Whisper White card stock
  • Ink: Pool Party and Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' pads, Jet Black StazOn and Frost White Shimmer paint
  • Accessories: 1/4" Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, Clips assortment
  • Extras: Scallop Trim Border punch

Happy Stampin',

6 comments:

  1. Love this card Lisa! What a great way to highlight this technique- tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique to use in a card class, and this card is just lovely. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Great technique! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Lisa. Love the leaves with this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card! Great use of this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a beautiful card. I love the color combos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Your comments are much appreciated!