Thursday, July 16, 2015

Birthday Butterfly for Can You Case It?


I made this card for this week Can You Case It challenge.  This week's challenge was a color challenge of Black, White and One Color.  I chose Melon Mambo for my color. I love that pink on black!  I am also linking this card at Seize the Birthday for the Anything Goes challenge.

Here are a few details about this card:

  • The Basic Black card base is cut 8-1/2" x 4-1/4" and scored at 5-1/2".  I stamped the 'birthday wishes' sentiment from the Build-A-Birthday stamp set using Versamark ink.  I heat embossed it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder and my Heat Tool.  Hint: use them Embossing Buddy first to avoid stray embossing power (I forgot that step!)
  • I cut a 3-1/2" square from the Neutrals DSP Stack and mounted that on a 3-11/16" square piece of Melon Mambo cardstock.  
  • I cut the large butterfly in Basic Black from the Bold Butterfly Thinlets. I cut another butterfly using the medium sized butterfly from the Butterlfies Thinliets.  The two layer together perfectly!  I attached the pink butterfly to the black one with a couple of glue dots in the center and used dimensionals on the black butterfly to attached to the DSP.
  • After wrapping the Melon Mambo ribbon, I attached the main piece to the card base with dimensionals.
Here are the Stampin' Up! products that I used for this card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I just love the pink and the embossed sentiment! This card is striking! Great job! Thanks for joining us at CanYouCaseIt.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all time favorite color combos! Beautiful card! Thanks for taking the time to join the girls and I over at Seize the Birthday, we sure do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Love the colors and the pretty butterfly. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Your comments are much appreciated!