Thursday, October 1, 2015

Blogging Friends Blog Hop


Welcome to the FIRST ever Blogging Friends Blog Hop!

Up until one month ago we were a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators located all across the U.S. and Canada whom had never met before.  Well, actually, we still haven’t met yet (in person). . . But, through our common bond of Stampin’ Up! and a shared love of papercrafting we have created a fun new blog hop.  Please join us on the 1st of every month to see what wonderful things we have created! 

If this is your first visit to my site - Welcome!  Be sure to subscribe using the box on the right side of your screen. Also please leave a comment below.  I love hearing from everyone!

Now, on to my project!



I decided to move a little out of my comfort zone for the blog hop and do a 2-page scrapbook layout. Autumn is my favorite time of year, so a scrapbook layout seemed like the perfect project.  I kept the layout pretty clean with only a few embellishments.  It looks like a lot of Delighful Dijon on these pages, but once the photos are mounted, there will only be a little showing! 


I used the new Into the Woods Designer Series Paper and the coordinating Into the Woods 3/8" Cotton Ribbon on this layout. My cardstock colors are Always Artichoke, Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White.

The title was cut using the Little Letters Thinlets Dies. For the word 'Autumn' I used Rich Razzleberry cardstock and mounted the letters on a piece of Vellum Cardstock before adding it to my page. The second word, 'Splendor' was cut from Delightful Dijon.  


For accents, I stamped a couple of leaves from the Lighthearted Leaves in Delightful Dijon and Rich Razzleberry and cut them out with the Leaflets Framelits.  I also stamped the quote by Emily Bronte from the same stamp set for one of the squares.  It the perfect quote and a perfect fit for the layout. 

Here are the Stampin' Up! products I used on this layout:


Continue to Anna's blog!

Here is a complete list of blog hop participants in case you get lost along the way! Clicking on the links will take you directly to their October blog hop post.

9 comments:

  1. I love that you did a srapbook page for the hop! I'm trying to get back to srapping myself! You page was really clean and fresh! I love the style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite time of the year too. Love your scrapbook page! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great two page layout! Love that you chose to do a scrapbook spread for the blog . . . I may have to do that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love fall colours, and you've used them beautifully in your scrapbook pages, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages! I have been Project Life-ing my albums for so long now that it seems like ages since I did a traditional layout! You have inspired my to break out my 12x12 paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful color palette! This designer paper is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your scrapbook page, such a cool idea for the blog hop. I have so many pictures residing on my computer that I need to scrapbook. I really want to get to know the MDS Software. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors on your page.....delightful dijon is such a great fall color. Sweet and simple layouts are my favorite....Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, love that you too stepped out of your traditional comfort zone and did something different with a scrapbook page. Very nice layout. I started off scrapbooking, but have done less of it over time. Yay, go BFBH! Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Your comments are much appreciated!

Visit my Stampin' Up! website at www.lisakmiec.stampinup.net

Featured Post

Clean & Simple Painted Harvest