Sunday, November 1, 2015

November Blogging Friends Blog Hop

 
 

Welcome to the November Blogging Friends Blog Hop!
Up until a couple of months ago we were a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators located all across the U.S. and Canada whom had never met before.  Well, actually, we still haven’t met yet (in person). . . But, through our common bond of Stampin’ Up! and a shared love of papercrafting we have created a fun new blog hop.  Please join us on the 1st of every month to see what wonderful things we have created! 

If this is your first visit to my site - Welcome!  Be sure to subscribe using the box on the right side of your screen. Also, I love hearing from everyone! Please leave a comment and let me know you were here!

If you've been following the hop, you probably came here from Crystal's blog.  I just love her work!

Now, on to my projects!



Our theme this month is Thanksgiving.  I wanted to make a card, but also a 3-D item that could be used at a Thanksgiving place setting.



Both of my projects use the Wondrous Wreath stamp set and the coordinating framelits. The sentiment on the card is from the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set. It's the perfect sentiment for a Thanksgiving card.
For the wreaths on both of my projects, I first stamped the base stamp with Hello Honey.  I then stamped the accent leaves in Blackberry Bliss.  The berries were stamped in VersaMark and then heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I didn't let the Blackberry Bliss ink dry completely before I stamped the berries, so when I added the embossing powder, the ink picked up small fleck of gold.  It was something I didn't intend to do, but turned out to have a cool effect!  I love when my "mistakes" turn out to enhance my project!


For the candy holder, I used the Fry Box die and Blackberry Bliss cardstock. The sentiment and banner on the fry box are from the Endless Thanks stamp set.  I used some Gold Bakers twine to tie a bow on the cellophane bag.


Here are the Stampin' Up! products I used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




 Thanks for stopping by my blog!  I hope you enjoyed the projects that I am sharing today!  Your next stop on the hop is Anna.  I know you're going to love what she has for you!

Continue to Anna's blog!

Here is a complete list of blog hop participants in case you get lost along the way! Clicking on the links will take you directly to their November blog hop post.




15 comments:

  1. Love the rich colors you chose. The gold really pops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I love Gold and Blackberry Bliss together!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Anne, Lisa, the rich colors in your projects is really stunning. I love the Fry Box, I know I haven't used mine at all, but this inspires me! Hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Crystal! I love the fry box. They are so easy and fun to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blackberry Bliss is one of my favorite colors, and I love it coupled with Hello Honey! I agree, I really like how the gold flecks showed up on the Blackberry Bliss. :-) These are both great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the warmth of the gold & Blackberry Bliss, Lisa! Great projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wreaths are beautiful, very vibrant. One of my favorite stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rich colors you chose are perfect for Thanksgiving and the gold embossing is so elegant! Beautiful projects! A great idea of a little gift with a matching card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this stamp set and you have used it with great colors. Great embossing and I love the gold that you show on the wreath. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You gals are just too creative...of course I have a mish mash of stuff and always trying to figure out why nothing matches...lol...Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your color choices on these projects. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing! Your card is beautiful, and I love the fry box, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love LOVE the gold embossed berries! I've been using gold like crazy!!!Such a great color combo. Such a cute little gift set!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Your comments are much appreciated!

Visit my Stampin' Up! website at www.lisakmiec.stampinup.net

Featured Post

Clean & Simple Painted Harvest