Saturday, September 17, 2016

Journey Blog Hoppers: Beautiful Wings


Welcome to the Amazing Journey Blog Hoppers Hop! This month’s theme is Beautiful Wings. I'm so happy you're hoppin' along! If your arrived here from Becky's blog, you're on the right track.  If not, that's ok too! Just continue the hop and you'll come full circle!


I was so excited to see that this month's theme was Beautiful Wings. It was actually one of the sets I ordered with my starter kit.
For my main image, I first stamped the detailed butterfly in Black Licorice on my Whip Cream cardstock before cutting with my Journey Oval dies. I then stamped another butterfly, first with Bubble Gum ink and then added the darker accents with Sweet Berry. The outline details of the butterfly are stamped in Black Licorice. I cut out wings from that butterfly and attached it to the oval over the first image.  The three coordinating stamps make it so easy to add color and detail to the butterfly!
The background of this card may be my favorite part! I first embossed the Whip Cream background with the Beach Towel embossing folder.  I then added strip of White Liner tape and added Journey Sparkle Dust!  I love the glittery look.  I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised how well the Journey Sparkle Dust stays on the card!

Thank you for stopping by today, be sure to head to Karen’s blog next.

---Lisa

http://paleopal623.blogspot.com/2016/09/beautiful-wings-card-for-journey-blog.html

Blog hop list:

  1. Betsye Rose Cimino Erazo
  2. Heather Flaherty
  3. Christine Pennington
  4. Ruth Cooper
  5. Becky Lemire
  6. Lisa Kmiec
  7. Karen Schroeder



http://www.funstampersjourney.com/lisakmiec

Supplies used on my project:

SaveSave

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Lisa. I LOVE your blog... so fun. Your card is so pretty... I love the stripes of glitter. Thanks for joining us this month.---Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a BEAUTIFUL card! I love the colors, the glitter, the ovals that set off the butterfly. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love how you added the glitter to the stripes! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I love the background, what a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful card! Using the white liner tape with sparkle dust rally amps up the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Your comments are much appreciated!