Welcome to January's Color Combination Blog Hop. This month's challenge was to use Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, and Soft Suede. These colors make me think Spring, which then led me to Easter.
The Hello Easter stamp set is from the Occasions Catalog. This set is so much fun with two easter egg images and several smaller images to customize your stamped Easter eggs.
- Soft Suede Pink Pirouette card base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
- Pink Pirouette: 3 15/16" x 5 3/16"
- Soft Suede: 3 3/4" x 5"
- Pink Pirouette scrap
- Soft Suede scrap
- Whisper White scraps
Tips & Tricks
- Large solid images, such as the Easter egg, can be difficult to stamp with photopolymer stamps. To ensure good ink coverage make sure your ink pad is well inked and stamp, placing your cardstock on the foam paper piercer. Leave the stamp in place for a few extra seconds before lifting it, giving time for the ink to transfer.
- After stamping the Easter egg, I used Paper Snips to cut it out. I used enamel dots to Pink Pirouette and Daffodil Delight to add design and texture to the egg.
- I cut two banners and layered the soft suede banner under Pink Pirouette to create a shadow appearance.
- The heart and banner are attached to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog today! I hope you've been inspired to try this color combination on your own project.