Welcome to the first-ever Stamp 'N Hop Blog Hop! We are a group of demonstrators who have teamed up to offer a monthly hop to share what we love - stamping. As you hop through the list of blogs, you will find projects from demonstrators from various countries with different levels of experience, sharing their creativity. This month we are featuring projects from the current Occasions Catalog. You will find the full list of participants of the bottom of this post. Click on the 'next' button to continue on the hop.
For this blog hop I used the Waterfront stamp set. This set is comprised of stamps that remind me of paint strokes as well as a sun, tress and other images. When put together, the images can make a range of watercolor landscapes from tree-lined landscapes to tropical beaches to snow-covered forests.
Card RecipeScroll to the bottom of this post for a complete supply list. Measurements are in inches.
- Wisteria Wonder card base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
- Night of Navy: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
- Wisteria Wonder: 5 1/4" x 4"
- Night of Navy: 3 7/16" x 3 3/16"
- Whisper White: 3 1/4" x 3"
- Whisper White scrap for die cut
Tips & Tricks for Recreating this Card
- Finding inspiration for this stamp set is simple! Just google "Landscape Photographs" and look for photos that inspire you! I already had my landscape in mind when I started, but used a photo to find a color combination for the sunset. (I would share that picture but I forgot to save it!)
- I wanted more than just a plain Wisteria Wonder background piece for this card, but also needed to keep it simple so the focus would stay on the main image. I tried a few different things and settled on a repeated sentiment. To create this, I simply stamped the sentiment repeatedly with Wisteria Wonder ink on the Wisteria Wonder cardstock.
- The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy on scrap Whisper White cardstock and die cut with the Layering Circle Framelits. It is attached to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
More Ideas for the Waterfront Stamp Set
This card was inspired by our weather in Michigan. As I post this, it has been snowing for over 30 hours and we've had over a foot of new snow fall so far! A card to commemorate our biggest snowfall of the season just seemed right!
As much as I love the snow (the more the better!), not all of my friends and family feel the same way, so here is a card for them...
All three of these card have the same layout. I just changed up for colors and landscape design for a completely different look!
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I hope you have been inspired to stamp something today! Please take a moment to leave me a comment and let me know you were here. And, as always, I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Don't forget to click the 'Next' button to continue on to the next blog in the hop!
2. Kayla Adams
4. Joanne Hodge
5. Amy Grendel
6. Andre Gordon
10. Rachel Traudt
11. Eva Pottsova
12. Melissa Tennison
13. Melissa Kerman
14. Lisa Kmiec (You are HERE!)
15. Christina Walker
16. Karen Pearmain
17. Joyce Whitman
18. Bobbi Miller
19. Ilka Teschke
20. Danielle Kassing
21. Terry Montgomery
22. Tracey Gouraud
23. Kat Spencer
24. Mo Rootes
25. Laurie Meier
26. Georgia Gaydos
28. Jessie Holton
29. Susan Simpson