Welcome to May's Kre8tors Blog Hop! As you hop through the list of blogs, you will find projects from Stampin' Up! demonstrators from various countries with different levels of experience, sharing what we love - creating! This month is all about techniques and fun folds. At the end of my post you will find the full list of participants. Just click on the 'next' button to continue on the hop.
This month I made a couple of cards using a fold called the Double Triangle Fold and a sneak peek of the new Sailing Home bundle from the upcoming Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog.
I love the detailed sketch designs in this stamp set. In addition to the lighthouse there are a couple of sailboat images and more along with a few sentiments. And of coarse there are coordinating dies and Designer Series Paper!
The Double Triangle Fold is super easy to create! Here's how I did it:
- Using an 8-1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock, first score at 5-1/2"
- Turn the cardstock 90 degrees and score at 4-1/4"
- Place the scored cardstock in your paper trimmer and cut a diagonal from corner to corner (I had to remove the score blade for it to fit). This will give you two card bases.
- Cut a piece of of 4 x 5-1/2" DSP and cut corner to corner. (Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of this step.
- Fold on score lines. Use your bone folder for crisp, clean folds.
- Decorate as desired!
You can turn these card bases to change the direction of the flaps. Or even change the landscape.
And don't forget to decorate the inside!
Please take a moment to follow my blog while you are here so you don't miss any posts! Be sure to use the Next button blow to continue on the hop. I know you're not going to want to miss out on what Dorothee has to share with you!
Happy Stampin' !
Roll Call List